Friday, December 22, 2006

Camp Suki Clothier Gown For Rent

Yannik Noah's Song "Metis"

We listened to this song in class. She speaks of miscegenation and equality among all people. We loved sourtout the sentence "I am living proof that all humans are the same" which expresses the idea of equality and peace.
Metis (duet with Disiz Plague)

Song: Yannick Noah - Metis (duet with Disiz Plague)
Lyrics: Disiz the PesteMusique: Disiz PesteMaison the production of
: Columbia
[Chorus]: I am mestizo, a mixture of color mixed Ohoh Oh, I come from here and elsewhere [Yannick Noah]: Walking barefoot in the city, in sandals jungleTu know the mix is easy, just to be an eclipse simpleJe am meeting one solideJe am proud to be Metis, I'm lucky choose [Chorus]: I am mestizo, a mixture of color mixed Ohoh Oh, I'm here and am elsewhereI mestizo, a mixture of color mixed Ohoh Oh, I come from here and elsewhere [Yannick Noah] : If I may lost in the middle of rivesSi I need benchmarks, my roots guidentUn me feeling based, momentum, a chanceUne so beautiful mosaic and in my heart that dance [Disiz]: I am living proof that all humans are mêmesJe am child of Adam and Eve, I am a dream like Ishmael, Israel, renounce your hatred And the smile of hommesMélange Ganges and the River Thames, Metis Indian and Metis BrésilOn is like Sade and Bob MarleyTu can you laugh or you steer, We can parlerMulticolores, anti-assholes And all my roommates in mind prancing For ideas of a more mixed! [Chorus]: I am mestizo, a mixture of color Oh Ohoh Métis I am here and am elsewhereI Metis, a mix of color mixed Ohoh Oh, I come from here and elsewhere (ter) [Yannick Noah]: I am Metis [Disiz]: Two different beings that mix and do a [Yannick Noah]: I am Metis [Disiz]: Two cultures, two pasts that come together and do a [Yannick Noah]: I am Metis [Disiz]: Two ways of thinking that together to become one [Yannick Noah]: I am Metis [Disiz]: No need to travel to say that I come from far away [Chorus]: I am mestizo, a mixture of color mixed Ohoh Oh, I just elsewhereI'm here and mestizos, a mixture of color Oh Ohoh Metis, I come from here and elsewhere (b)

0 comments:

Post a Comment